- Comment Policy
We encourage your comments on Action NC's various social media venues, including our blog, and hope you will join the discussions. We do not review comments before they're posted, and we hope this fosters an open and collaborative atmosphere. But with great freedom comes great responsibility, so we also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds.
- The fine print
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Action NC-sponsored pages, you give Action Institute NC / Action NC ("ANC") the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by ANC in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or "spam."
Action NC reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove, the sole discretion of the moderator, communications that are abusive, incoherent, off-topic, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Action NC against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
Whew! Sorry about that - now back to your regularly scheduled programming.