Parent Education Advocacy Training 2
Public education is under assault in North Carolina and Action NC is mobilizing to fight back. Teachers are having to teach more students with less resources, students are being thrown out of school just to keep order and parents are being left out of the discussion.
We believe Parents deserve greater involvement in supporting and improving our school system, and we seek to give them the tools to do so. The problems our communities face are complicated and require dedicated and empowered groups of parents to solve.
This training will provide information on how to advocate for stronger public schools. Some topics we will cover are:
- How are decisions made in our state?
- How is funding collected/distributed?
- How to make the most of an in-person meeting
- How to find and attend public hearings
- How to write an effective Letter to the Editor
2051 Northern Durham Pkwy
Durham, NC 27703
Google map and directions